The mission of the Summit County Collaborative Against Human Trafficking is to increase our community’s knowledge on human trafficking and build a strong continuum of care of survivors to access trauma-informed services in Summit County. The Summit County Collaborative Against Human Trafficking has been hard at work living our mission during the 2021 year and is excited to continue this mission in 2022.
Top 10 Accomplishments of 2021:
- 2,281 survivors and potential survivors served by agencies connected with the collaborative
- 2 survivors received funds from the Survivors Funds program
- 475 individuals trained on human trafficking through 20 different presentations
- 4 billboards were posted throughout Summit County to raise awareness
- Hosted a successful January Human Trafficking Awareness Month Event
- Implemented training for volunteers on Truckers Against Trafficking
- Continued hotel outreach to educate staff on the warning signs of human trafficking
- Creation of outreach materials for law enforcement working with runaway youth
- Hosted two successful fundraising events
- Began the groundwork for implementing a Survivors Speakers Bureau
Things to look forward to in 2022:
- Continuing to provide services for human trafficking survivors
- Hosting quarterly fundraisers to benefit collaborative programming
- Implementation of the Survivors Speakers Bureau
- Continued outreach efforts with hotels, runaway youth and truck stops
- Financial support to various agencies to support service provider self-care efforts
The Summit County Collaborative Against Human Trafficking has two main committees. The Direct Services committee is made up of dedicated professionals working with survivors of human trafficking in Northeast Ohio. The Education and Outreach committee focuses on expanding accurate knowledge about human trafficking in the community. The collaborative is always accepting new members and volunteers.
We are excited to continue our anti-trafficking efforts in 2022 and look forward to continue working with survivor serving agencies, volunteers and the community!